Duet Wifi - Motion Controller
The DuetWifi is the next generation of 3D printing electronics, designed and manufactured as a collaboration between Think3Dprint3D and Esher3D. This builds on the success of the previous generations of the Duet 3D printer controller and the most advanced 3D printing firmware: RepRapFirmware. By ordering a Duet WiFi you will be supporting both the DuetWifi hardware development and the continued development of RepRapFirmware. All customers are encouraged to give feedback on the forum (see further developments below).
- Powerful 32 Bit Processor
- Atmel SAM4E8E: 120MHz ARM Cortex-M4 microcontroller with floating point unit, 512Kb flash memory, 128Kb RAM and many peripherals.
- Super quiet TMC2660 stepper drivers
- SPI controlled stepper drivers capable of up to 256 microstepping. Current and microsteps can both be changed on the fly for optimum speed and power efficiency.
- Dual extruders
- 3 heater/thermistor channels for a heated bed and 2 extruders. 3 PWM controllable and 2 always-on fans. These can be run from either the input voltage, from 5V, or from external power for added flexibility.
- High Power rating
- Each stepper driver is capable of 2A motor current, with further increases possible after thermal testing. The bed heater channel is specifically designed for high currents.
- Dedicated Wifi module
- Running on a separate processor, this leaves the main processor free to do precise stepper pulse timing and implement other advanced features.
- Connect via PC, tablet or smartphone on the same network: there is no need for an app install or internet connectivity. Also connect via USB or serial if desired.
- Cable-free control
- Use your printer in any room covered by your WiFi network. No need to be tethered by USB or Ethernet cabling any more.
- WPA-2 encryption for network security, with further security changes coming soon. The DuetWifi does not need to be connected to the internet - keep it on a local network for added security.